Friday, November 21, 2008

Confessions of a new mom of two boys

Guilt: Am I being a good mom to both boys? Am I giving them everything they need, not short changing one for the other?

Fear: Can I raise two boys? Will I survive two boys? One recent example... Yesterday Aidan whacked his head on the corner of his big metal Tonka truck. As I tried to comfort him, his head on my shoulder, my hand on his head, I noticed the blood pouring out. Frantically I got him upstairs to the bathroom, a cold rag on it and when he finally let me look at it, after fearful thoughts of how I was going to get to the emergency room and handle stitches or worse staples, it was a little hole about the size of a nail head. It quit bleeding shortly after.

Joy: When I see Aidan excited to see his baby brother. When I see Aidan want to share with Owen. When I think of the fun they will have growing up together.

Thankfulness: To God that I have my boys. What was life like without them.

No comments: