Friday, August 20, 2010

Vacation Bible Club Envy & a New Bible

Last week Aidan attended Vacation Bible Club in our neighborhood. He was so excited. He loved every minute of it and still wants to go back. For their first craft they made these pipe cleaner glasses. Owen wanted his own pair so badly.

Luckily I had some pipe cleaners at home and we made Owen a pair.


The first day back from VBC Aidan told me he wanted a Bible with a fish on it. I told him okay we'd see what we could do about it. Tuesday he came back and told me the same thing. I figured it must be the Bible my friend was teaching his class with so I emailed her and asked her which one it was. She didn't know. It wasn't hers. She thought maybe one of the kids had one like that. Well I decided to ask him where he saw this Bible. He told me, "You know at the store we go to with Dada." I said, "Sam's Club." He said, "Yep." Mystery solved. I explained to my friend and she said, "Well I guess he thought this was a good time to bring it up." :o) So that night we all loaded up to go to Sam's Club to get Aidan his Bible. We went to the Bibles and he pointed it out, but it wasn't a bible, it was a math workbook with fish on it by the Bibles. We tried to explain to him that it wasn't a Bible. After we calmed him down, we convinced him to go to the Christian Book Store and pick one out. He picked out the Adventure Bible. It even has a jeep on the front. He was so excited. He carries it around and says he is reading his Bible.

No comments: