Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Big Race

September 20, 2010 - Aidan has always liked to run. He thinks he is a runner, just like Mama and Dada. And since he is a boy, there is a competitive streak in him and he likes to win. He declared that he was going to run "The Big Race" in the backyard. And of course, Re-Pete wanted to join in.

First thing we had to do was make finisher ribbons. Aidan and Owen decided they should be painted, so out came the water colors.


The race was neck in neck and the boys ran the course several times. After the race I asked if they wanted to do an obstacle course. Aidan was curious so I set one up.

There were 4 stations. You had to crawl through the fish, run around the soccer ball 3 times, climb up and over the slide, and then jump over 2 noodles. Aidan and Owen did this several times as well. (If only I had their energy.)

Here is the big champion after his race and obstacle course, wearing his ribbon.

No comments: