Thursday, February 3, 2011

The great blizzard of 2011

The blizzard came and we were prepared. Overall the boys did pretty well being stuck at the house. We ended up with maybe 12 inches of snow. It is really hard to tell with all the drifting.

To keep the boys from going stir crazy I brought out some dinosaur digging toys I bought a while back. The boys had alot of fun being paleontologists and digging out their dinosaurs.


Here they are with their completed and built dinosaurs.


Mario shoveled 3 times and I helped twice. The pictures don't really do it justice.

Of course Aidan had to be out there with Daddy. He didn't let the snow stop him.

In this picture you can see how high the piles are getting to be. They are basically as high as the car or higher in places. We're running out of places to pile the snow.

I discovered a fun way to end the blizzard day from a friend... snow ice cream! The boys loved it and it really did taste like vanilla ice cream. The boys had two cones.

No comments: