Oh and they split into 4 teams after warm up. Aidan was very happy to be on the yellow team like Dada. And wouldn't you know it, I got suckered into being assistant coach. ;o)
Thursday, September 16, 2010
GOOOAAALLLLL!!!!!
Aidan had been saying for months how he was going to play soccer, how he was going to score goals and how he was going to play with his team... so Mario and I finally decided maybe he isn't too young, let's sign it up. And we did and Aidan could not have been more excited.
Here Aidan is ready to go to his first practice. The season lasts for 6 weeks. The age group is 3 to 5 year olds.
Here he is warming up. Owen so wanted to be a part of the action. I have to say it melted my heart, Owen was the best cheerleader. He would throw his arms up and yell, "Go A-N!"

Before practice starts they all get together and stretch. There are about 24 kids in Aidan's session. He did all the stretches just perfectly.
They do lots of group drills, focusing on dribbling and controlling the ball, stopping the ball, getting used to someone trying to take the ball away and taking the ball away from another player.
Oh and they split into 4 teams after warm up. Aidan was very happy to be on the yellow team like Dada. And wouldn't you know it, I got suckered into being assistant coach. ;o)
Aidan had a great time. He was very serious about it. He seemed so grown up. I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes. He worked hard the entire hour.
Oh and they split into 4 teams after warm up. Aidan was very happy to be on the yellow team like Dada. And wouldn't you know it, I got suckered into being assistant coach. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment