Friday, March 25, 2011

Journal Entry 3/8/11

Most of my days are filled with so much laughter it leaves me in awe of God’s graciousness. These boys are so joy filled I am eternally grateful. To be able to provide them with a home and an environment that fosters this is truly a gift from God. I wish I could capture it all and hide it in my heart, to recall all the time and at any time.

Owen is hilarious and full of such energy. He loves his big brother and would follow him to the ends of the earth. Whatever Aidan is doing is what he wants to do. I pray they are always the best of friends, just like now. Owen has also adopted the phrase, “Watch this!” and uses it all day. He follows it up with “See that Mommy?” His show is usually him making a silly face or dancing or singing. I just love it. I’ll be so sad when I’m not the center of his world anymore.

I had a craving for carrot cake this past weekend so I picked up one from Meijer. We were enjoying it after dinner and Aidan says, “I like it so much it makes me crazy!” Now this has turned into a little act complete with an accent on the word crazy. He has even turned it into a song. Last night we had dinner at Subway and the boys were dancing around singing it. I was cracking up.

Aidan and Owen were playing Knights and Kings last week. I love to listen to them as they play, hear them interact and talk to each other. At one point Aidan says to Owen, “Our kingdoms are together. We have to work together better as a team.” You never know what he’ll come up with. Also during that same stretch of play, Aidan explained to me how they had to fight the bad king. He told me how God’s kingdom was the best. And the bad king they were fighting was Judas. Mario and I just shake our heads, the amount of facts he is absorbing now is crazy.

Yesterday Aidan was painting with his water colors. It is one of the most beautiful paintings I have seen. I watched him for a good amount of time in awe of the detail and skill he had. He seems to have grown into a boy overnight. I also did a 25 piece puzzle with him and in no time he was completing it himself. I know this is normal development but it is truly amazing to be apart of and to see. I will be forever grateful that I was able to stay home with these boys.

My favorite quote of late was from last Wednesday, March 2, Dr. Suess’ Birthday. We were going to dinner and then to an appearance by Cat in the Hat. On the way there in the van, Aidan says, “I love my life!” He couldn’t give me a better gift than that.

No comments: